If you’re naturally clean, you don’t need to read this. If your motivation to clean leaves the building on a regular basis (like mine did, the other day), here’s a few things that might get you moving:
- File your taxes. Nothing like the fear of the wrath of good ol’ Uncle Sam to make you find all those important documents. Bonus points if you pretend you’re getting audited. You never know … it could happen. Doesn’t hurt to be prepared.
- Have a yard sale. This is the perfect time to sort the laundry, clean out the garage, and declutter the attic. You’ll get PAID to do it.
- Buy (or make) new cleaning supplies. I’m drawn to pretty packaging and things that smell good. It’s probably a disease, but hey, what can I say? I love me some well-designed labels or bottles or boxes and fragrances. So much so that I tend to make excuses to use them so I can admire their gorgeousness and feel all fancy-like for using them.
- Bribe yourself. Set a doable goal and assign a much-anticipated reward for attaining that goal. Watch that tv show episode, buy a new pair of shoes, or just give yourself a gold star. Never underestimate the power of a shiny gold star.
- And finally, if all else fails … Have company over. No, seriously. It works like a charm. I just did this yesterday! It got clean, fast(er). Go for broke and throw a big bash to celebrate your success.